Friday 6 May 2011

Bags Of Style

Lanvin Hot Pink Mini Pop
Back in January of this year I penned on this here blog a post entitled 'Day Bag Detox' and talked about how much simpler life would be to just carry around one little Hermes Constance bag. I feel that this is the direction handbags are moving towards right now. Just take a look at the selection of small, smart but sassy perfectly crafted shoulder purses out there on the market at the moment. From YSL, Lanvin, right down to the high street there is a neat little leather bag with a long strap out there that will sit nicely on everyone's shoulders. I am particularly fond of my tan leather Jane On A Chain by Marc by Marc Jacobs - its a nod to the iconic Constance without the waiting list and price tag. It's basically a wallet/make-up bag combo with still enough space for an i-phone and set of keys that also looks fresh and modern for Spring 2011. I prefer to wear mine on one shoulder for a ladylike look as opposed to a cross body ( I'll save wearing like that for festivals and general jumping around ) Day to day I can manage with just a few cards, coins and lipstick in my bag, although on occasion I will need to perhaps cart a few extra items around with me. So an old Le Sportsac shopper comes in handy on those days, although I really had my eye on another 'it' bag style of the season - the now sold out Jil Sander Market bag in orange. Fabulously on trend in style and colour and toted by international fashion editors who gave it their seal of approval early this spring. So my prediction this summer is to carry one of both. A cool neat little handbag and a trashy looking shopper, for a fun juxtapostion in style (n.b. pick a shopper that will fold up when not needed like say the classic Longchamp Le Pliage) Why have one cool bag when you can have two?  
Pair your Mini Pop with a eye-popping Jil Sander Market bag

No comments:

Post a Comment