Saturday 23 July 2011

Trunk Treats

Whats the best thing about summer holidays?  Relaxing time away from home? Guaranteed sunshine? Decent food and wine? or how about a little Trunk Treat?
Everybody needs a Trunk Treat just like they need a rest from day-to-day drudgery at least once a year.

<>
Snakeskin belt by Aspinal of London
 A Trunk Treat is a little gift or surprise that you secretly hide in the suitcase and present once arrived at your destination. Oh, but I hear your groans...like we need another excuse to go gift-shopping for our holiday companions when we already have enough expenses  what with the annual round of Hatches, Matches and Dispatches already draining our pockets each year. This I do understand, although these gifts need not be anything too extravagant or pricey..more of a sentimental or suitable gesture. Trunk Treating started in my household with little treats thrown in the Hello Kitty rucksack for my daughter and then I moved on to myself. With enough summer clothes and shoes to fill a warehouse, I never feel the need to splurge on a holiday capsule wardrobe, although I am always longing for something new to bust out abroad, as a reminder of why and where it was bought for. This summer I feeling a whip-thin snakeskin belt would be perfect for wrapping around a one-piece swimsuit to get 'The Lanvin Look' whilst glamming it up poolside. Or a totally indulgent sun care product like Institut Esthederm's Adaptasun. Or possibly a new fragrance or candle for evocative memories of summer sunshine. Or a good book? Helmut Newton's Photofile by Thames and Hudson is a perfect quick read with lots of gorgeous and inspiring photographs to browse.

No comments:

Post a Comment