Sunday 19 June 2011

Night And Day...Day And Night

Zara Kimono Jacket



It's Sunday morning and I am writing this blog post in my pyjamas. So far today, I have already walked to the shop to buy breakfast and the papers in said outfit without a jot of self-consciousness that I'm dressed my bed clothes. Why? Because this season fashion is blurring the lines between night and day wear. Garments that are traditionally considered as sleep/loungewear are being worn out and about in the public eye and not just in the boudoir. And its not just the high-end fashion labels that are pushing these ideals, it's happening on the High Street too. At Zara and Mint Velvet, the printed pyjama pant has been a popular choice for many customers. Loungey, relaxed and still smart cool. Whats not to love? Personally I am still eyeing up Zara's selction of short silk kimonos and wondering if they will look cool worn as a jacket over a vest, shorts teamed with a wicked pair of heels, and a serious 'this is not my bed jacket' attitude for an upcoming party. I may well take the risk and invest since I have longed for a little silk kimono to wear over a bikini beach or poolside too. And if that doesn't work out then I can always wear it as it's intended while doing my hair and make-up sat at my dressing table with thoughts of 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. 
Ayten Gasson bed jacket. Acceptable for both lunching and lounging.





No comments:

Post a Comment